Monday, February 21, 2011

[UV] Lilly "retro style" using UV-Sonnar 105mm and Polaroid film

Today a leap back in time. Let's dig out the old photo gear and see what could be done with that. Let's go retro!!

So I grabbed my Hasselblad 500C/M, my UV-Sonnar 4.3/105mm, that special Schott UG11 UV transmission filter that came with that rare lens, a Polaroid back and some Polaroid 100 bw film (good till 1987, just "a little" outdated I have to admit). Exposure was ISO80, 1/125, f8 using a 400Ws Xenon flash.

[click on image to see a larger one]




Considering the effort and hit rate, I know now how spoiled I am shooting digital!! Same done digital here.


Stay tuned, more will follow on that fascinating subject...

More info on this very interesting field may be found on my site http://www.pbase.com/kds315/uv_photos