[click on image to see a larger one]
Simulated butterfly vision:
Simulated bee vision:
Simulated dog vision:
Simulated horse vision:
Simulated bat vision:
Hexaptych of the above:
- Humans have trichromatic vision, they see Blue, Green, Red
- Butterflies see UV, Blue, Green, Red, they are Tetrachromats
- Bees see UV, Blue, Green, they are Trichomats
- Dogs are Dichromats, see Blue and Yellow, but also some UV
- Horses are Dichromats, they see Blue and Yellow, but no UV
- Bats do not see color, but some are sensitive to UV also
I chose Rudbeckia, as it has a strong UV pattern, its petal tips are UV bright around 365nm, buts its center is quite UV dark, so this gets quite nicely visible, hence why I used this flower here.
Stay tuned, more will follow on that fascinating subject...
More info on this very interesting field may be found on my site http://www.pbase.com/kds315/uv_photos