Sunday, October 28, 2012

Colorful reflected UV ultraviolet photography II

I have been wondering why reflected UV photography would have to look so drab in terms of colors often. So here some more recent experiments with a bit colorful background and various UV lights, when shooting it in reflected UV light using my "work horse" UV filter, the Baader-U filter and a quartz fluorite lens. Well, I was using one of my last Rudbeckia fulgida flowers for that, as the first snow is coming...

[click on image to see a larger one]

Conventional, looking monochrome:
 

Added front light:
 

Colorful, wider band:
 

Colorful Variant 1:
 

Colorful Variant 2:
 

Now this is "artsy" playing with light, but still documents very well the wonderful and prominent UV pattern this flower has...

Stay tuned, more will follow on that fascinating subject...

More info on this very interesting field may be found on my site http://www.pbase.com/kds315/uv_photos

No comments: