Wednesday, May 29, 2024

My multispectral works at the Tokyo Polytechnic University Color Science and Art Center

Today about my works being used with my permission by professor Yasushi Noguchi of the Tokyo Polytechnic University in Japan who is the director of their new Color Science and Art Center, which was created to educate about about color. There is now an exhibit about animal color and vision and the difference to human vision, hence why they liked to show my works there.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p7GPvQENfwSDn2qX6 

Those shown multispectral images of mine where shot in my studio with my "work horse" UV-Nikkor f4.5/105mm quartz fluorite lens using the Baader UV/IR Cut filter and my proprietary XBV filters for simulated bee + butterfly vision. Light source in studio used was a Xenon flash modified for high UV output outside.

Stay tuned, more will follow on that fascinating subject...

More info on this very interesting field may be found on my site http://www.pbase.com/kds315/uv_photos

No comments: